Release Waiver: I hereby agree to indemnify & hold harmless instructors teaching for LifeLight Youth Theatre, Inc, & Grace Community Chapel or any other host facility from any and all claims for personal injury or damages of any kind from participation in the program. I also authorize LifeLight instructor to seek emergency medical help if this becomes necessary. Every effort will be made to contact me in the event of a medical emergency. PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE PAGE AND OUR COVID 19 ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND WAIVER.
Refund policy- September through May weekly classes-
Supply/Registration fees are non- refundable and an additional $25 processing fee on all refunds.
• Each class that your child has attended will be prorated and deducted from your refund.
• There will be no refunds after the THIRD week of class and once a child auditions, production fees are non-refundable.
Photo consent: By your checking this box you agree that LifeLight Youth Theatre Inc may use the above named student’s photograph in the routine promotion of classes and activities.
A main focus of LifeLight Youth Theatre (LYT) is to foster a nurturing and respectful environment for both students and adults involved. In keeping with our Christian values, we promote Christ-honoring behavior of students and adults. LifeLight Youth Theatre affirms their agreement in Grace Community Chapel's Statement of Faith and/ or the Doctrinal Guidelines for Leaders and Teachers. On occasion, when behavior-related conflicts arise, we will respond in a consistent manner to alleviate conflicts and to ensure the well being of all participants in the program. Behavior is taken into consideration at various decision-making opportunities throughout the LYT sessions. While it is important that we remember that we are working with children and minor incidents are to be expected, we do need to work to resolve chronic behavior issues that are disruptive to rehearsals, classes and other LYT activities. The following represents LYT’ s approach to address behavior conflicts during any LYT classes, workshops, rehearsals or productions.
• LIFELIGHT YOUTH THEATRE is a privilege and only cooperative behavior is allowed. Respect for the Director, Parent Volunteer(s) and the host facility and facility employee(s) is expected. Disrespectful behavior or willful disobedience is unacceptable. Excessive or persistently disruptive behavior (rough housing or excessive talking) will also be considered as disrespectful or disobedient if the student has been asked to stop the behavior (either individually or in a group setting) and the behavior hasn’t been corrected.
• Honoring language will be used. No name-calling, gossiping or profanity is allowed.
• LIFELIGHT YOUTH THEATRE expects students’ conduct to be respectful to property. Therefore, any damage done to property intentionally will be expected to be replaced or repaired by the student.
• LIFELIGHT YOUTH THEATRE expects purity of self in relationships with others. Couples are to refrain from ALL public displays of affection (PDA) during LYT time/events. Students are to dress modestly and appropriately in a way that eliminates distractions.
• Bullying and dangerous behavior that affects the student, other students, or any adult in charge at LYT will be immediately reported to the Director and parents will be notified. Such behavior impedes the safety of others participating in LYT activities, and is grounds for a child’s removal from the current LYT session and/or production.
• LIFELIGHT YOUTH THEATRE wants all students to do their best and believe the Lord will do a good work in their lives.
Class/Rehearsal/ Performance Guidelines
• Avoid unnecessary noise and distractions during rehearsals and performances. NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED DURING CLASS OR REHEARSAL. Cell phones that are out during class or rehearsal will be held by the instructor and given back at the end of the class/rehearsal. Fellowship is encouraged but please make sure you talk quietly and are still paying enough attention to be ready when you are needed. NO talking is allowed in the wings at the theatre.
• Stay in designated areas.
• Clean up after yourself and participate in the clean up of the rehearsal space and theatre.
• Behave in a professional manner.
a. Attend all rehearsals and performances unless you are ill or have received the Director’s permission.
b. Be on time. (Parents: please pick up your children on time as well).
c. Be prepared with costumes, makeup, props, and scripts.
d. The director tells you what to do on stage, you may develop your character, but it better fall within our guidelines AND PRANKS ARE NOT TOLERATED! Within the Christian community we have a variety of opinions on many things, but when you take part in a group activity, you adhere to the standards set by this group. we expect students who participate to follow these guidelines and do not succumb to peer pressure, but use it as a time to explain why we are doing things this way.
Students must demonstrate respect for leaders, directors, teachers, parent volunteers, and other adults at all times.
1. LYT will not tolerate disrespect directed toward directors, leaders, teachers, adult volunteers, etc. posted on any social media sites.
a. Students caught posting disrespectful comments will be asked to remove them from the social media site.
b. Student’s parents or legal guardians will be notified of behavior and consequences will be discussed.
c. Parents will be notified if students continue with this type of behavior. Students continuing with this type of behavior risk removal from LYT
2. LYT will not tolerate verbal, non-verbal, or written disrespect directed toward directors, leaders, teachers, adult volunteers, etc .
a. Students demonstrating disrespect will be reprimanded privately and their parents will be called.
b. Parents will be notified if students continue to demonstrate disrespectful behavior and consequences will be discussed.
c. Continued disrespectful behavior will result in that student being removed from that class, function, activity, or event for the remainder of the school year.
• Have a great time learning and growing!
1st Incident- Adult in charge (Parent Volunteer or Director) will talk privately, while still in a public place, with the individual student about his/her misbehavior. The student will be told that he or she must make a change in their behavior to avoid further punitive actions. The adult in charge must also tell the student that he or she will bring the incident to the attention of the Director.
2nd Incident- Parent Volunteer will bring student to Director (if witnessed by Parent Volunteer) immediately who will speak privately with the student and tell them that this behavior has been witnessed and must not occur again and he/she will be told further opportunities are at risk if immediate action in not taken to correct the behavior. The Director will call the parent within 24 hours and explain the misbehavior of the student.
3rd Incident- Director will be notified immediately, and the Director will talk with student privately and will contact the parents immediately to discuss the situation. Possible dismissal from the production may result (if warranted).
BEHAVIOR IS DOCUMENTED AND MAY AFFECT FUTURE LIFELIGHT YOUTH THEATRE PARTICIPATION.
Inappropriate behavior during camp will result in the following course of action:
Student receives a verbal warning from Teaching Artist or Camp Counselor.
Student is removed from the class activity until the Teaching Artist invites the student to return the activity.
Student is removed from the class and reports to the office, a member of our team will contact you.
If the behavior continues, Education Staff contacts the parent/guardian and further action is determined. Grounds for immediate suspension or removal include but are not limited to fighting, when the child puts him/herself or another student in danger, and violent behaviors towards staff.
Inclement Weather and Emergency Closings
If the building is closed due to severe weather or some other emergency, LYT will not hold class. Local news station KSDK Channel 5 will report closings. You may also check lifelightarts.com or information regarding building closings.
We are committed to providing you all the information needed to be prepared and have an awesome class experience! Please be sure to check your emails and check the outside door where your child enters for notes posted as well.
We will never administer a drug of any type, even with parental consent. This includes Tylenol, Advil, etc.
Therefore, all medication must be self-administered by the student.
If the medicine must be administered by a parent/guardian, Please enter any important allergies, chronic illness or medical conditions during the registration process. If you have already registered and would like to add this information, please contact us at email@example.com
Illness and Emergencies
If a student becomes ill during camp, the parent/guardian will be contacted to pick up the student. If they cannot be reached, the staff will call the emergency contact listed on the registration form. If no one can be reached, we will take the necessary actions for the health of your child. In the event of a serious emergency, 911 will be called first. There are no refunds for days missed due to illness.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization.
LifeLight Youth Theatre, INC has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, LifeLight Youth Theatre, INC cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending LifeLight Youth Theatre, INC could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending LifeLight Youth Theatre, INC and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at LifeLight Youth Theatre, INC may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to LifeLight Youth Theatre, INC employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at LifeLight Youth Theatre, INC or participation in programming (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless LifeLight Youth Theatre, INC, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of LifeLight Youth Theatre, INC, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any LifeLight Youth Theatre, INC program.
BY REGISTERING AND PAYING FOR ANY CLASS, EVENT, PRIVATE LESSON, OR OTHER ACTIVITY THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO ALL OF THE ABOVE CONDITIONS AND WAIVERS. IF YOU ARE AN ATTENDEE OF OUR REGULAR CLASSES AND HAVE REGISTERED AND ENROLLED IN A CLASS THROUGH THE “ONLINE REGISTRATION PAGE” YOU AGREED THROUGH THERE AS WELL. PLEASE DO NOT HAVE YOUR CHILD/YOURSELF PARTICIPATE IN ANY CLASS OR EVENT UNLESS YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS IN THIS AGREEMENT.