SIGN UP FOR A COMMITTEE AT OUR SIGNUP GENIUS LINK
PARENT COMMITTEES AND OUR AWESOME VOLUNTEERS make LYT productions happen!
In order to put on a full-scale, musical production, all parents must help by being involved on a parent committee. Each committee member must be an ACTIVE member! These committees are a lot of work, but also lots of FUN!
Each committee will need a CHAIRMAN who oversees the committee, works directly with the director, organizes meetings/communications, assigns tasks, and is responsible for the committee’s success.
1. Backstage- Work closely with tech team, move sets on and off stage during dress rehearsals & shows, work curtain & drops, maintain control backstage during show. Must look good in basic black ;)!
2. Box Office- work box office once we are in Tech/Dress Rehearsal/ Performance
3.Concessions - Concession stand volunteers will set up and run a concession stand that is open before the show, during intermission and after the show.
4. Costumes- Work directly with the LYT Costumer to develop a costume plan within the director’s vision and LYT budget. Locate costume pieces either at LYT storage unit, thrift stores, or local theatres. Sew key costume pieces OR enjoy thrift store shopping, fabric shopping, sewing, and/or altering clothes. Must be available to work (on a rotating basis) during dress rehearsals and shows to facilitate costumes changes & repairs.
5. Fundraising- Work to organize our fundraising events and to help LYT raise the much needed funds for this production.
6. Dressing Room/ Waiting Area/ Rehearsal Monitors- Creatively supervise rehearsals and show week so that cast members are under always control and accounted for! All parents are required to sign up to monitor their child’s dressing room during rehearsal/ shows at the theatre. The only exception is those parents who are a committee chairperson, costume crew (who are working at the theatre or backstage crew do not need to sign up as they are already there.
7. House Manager- be the go to person in the front of the house, coordinate theatre door opening with director, make sure all volunteers are in place, and maintain an overall orderly appearance in the lobby area.
8. Makeup- Attend makeup session to learn show makeup. plan specialty makeup and hair styles and/or wigs for cast members. Work all shows and dress rehearsals on a rotating schedule in order to watch some of the performances.
9. Meals- Plan & serve cast/crew meals in between Sat. shows. Plan and setup strike party.
10. Props- Collect any props that is needed for the production.,creatively design and construct props. Supervise prop table during rehearsals and shows.
11. Public Relations & Program- Work with LYT to create press releases, sell program ads, distribute advertising (posters and flyers), collect congratulatory ads & money, design and produce show program. Lots of before-show work.
12. Receptions- coordinate Friday night’s BIG pre-show reception. This committee solicits food donations from local restaurants and grocers, The team will pick up restaurant donations, set up reception table prior to the performances, man table during the receptions, and clean up after the receptions.
13. Sets- Design (with Director’s guidance) and construct sets. Transport (rental truck) and unload sets at theatre site and help set up. Make repairs as needed during the run of the show. Strike the sets after the performance and return them to the LYT warehouse.
14. Show Historian- take photos during dress rehearsals and make the show photo board for display in the lobby.
15. Souvenir & Rose Bouquet Table- Work with LYT to locate, purchase and/or create items to complement the show theme for resale during the shows.
16. Technical- Work with LYT Tech Team to run lighting(spot operator) and sound for the show.
17. Pre-show Parties
Please consider being a committee chairperson!