LifeLight Youth Theatre is dedicated to developing character and creativity in children ages 3-19 through quality performing arts classes and productions that provide opportunities to build community and form Christ-centered friendships all while reflecting the Creator.
GENERAL CLASS POLICIES PROCEDURES FOR IN PERSON CLASSES/CAMPS
Registration for LifeLight Youth Theatre weekly classes is for the school year, September- May and is done online at Register for WEEKLY CLASSES . Classes and teachers are subject to change. If a class fills, waiting lists will be kept and students enrolled in the order that a registration was received if an opening becomes available.
Tuition Payment and Late Fees:
Tuition is due by the 1st of each month and is to be paid online, link will be live by September 15th. Tuition not paid by the 5th will be assessed a late fee of $10.
Inclement Weather and Emergency Closings
In the event of inclement weather and/or poor road conditions, classes/rehearsals may be canceled for the safety of our students/ families. To help us make this decision, we follow Fort Zumwalt School District, if they cancel for inclement weather or if Grace CC building is closed due to severe weather or some other emergency, LYT will not hold class. Local news station KSDK Channel 5 will report LYT closings. We will also post on our Facebook, Instagram pages, send an email and a text via the Remind app and we always encourage checking our website first for the most up-to-date information.
If your student will miss class, please email email@example.com. If your child is ill, keep them home. There are no refunds for missed classes.
Receiving Emails & Texts
We are committed to providing you all the information needed to be prepared and have an awesome class experience! Please be sure to check your emails and add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your contact. Gmail email users, please check the Promotions tab, as Gmail tends to filter LYT emails to this tab instead of to the Primary tab. You can move LYT emails to the Promotions tab and that will tell Gmail to send our emails there. Also check the board at the LYT lobby table as we post print offs of our sent emails. In your "Welcome" email you were sent information on how to join Remind, our text communication service, please see that email on how to receive LYT texts.
We will never administer a drug of any type, even with parental consent. This includes Tylenol, Advil, etc.
Therefore, all medication must be self-administered by the student.
If the medicine must be administered by a parent/guardian, Please enter any important allergies, chronic illness or medical conditions during the registration process. If you have already registered and would like to add this information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Illness and Emergencies
Children who are ill or who show signs of becoming ill should not attend classes or programs. Your child cannot perform his or her best when ill and we do not want to spread germs to others.
Please follow the guidelines below to determine if your child should attend LYT classes or programs. Keep your child home:
• If your child has had had a temperature within the last 24 hours.
• If your child has vomited or had diarrhea with the past 24 hours.
• If your student is placed on antibiotics – he/she should stay at home until 24 hours after taking the first dose.
• If your student has sinus issues or sore throat related to anything other than seasonal allergies
• If having your child attend the LYT would significantly put others at risk for contracting your child’s illness.
• If your child feels ill enough that he/she would not be able to benefit from being at the LYT class.
• If your student has lice.
• If your student has a severe cough not related to asthma.
• If anyone in your family has been diagnosed with the flu, and has an active case, please keep all members at home for at least 24 hours after the last symptoms of flu have subsided.
If a student becomes ill during class/ camp, the parent/guardian will be contacted to pick up the student. If they cannot be reached, the staff will call the emergency contact listed on the registration form. If no one can be reached, we will take the necessary actions for the health of your child. In the event of a serious emergency, 911 will be called first. There are no refunds for days missed due to illness.
Refund policy for Summer Camps/Workshops/ Classes/ Summerstock-
Summer Camp Refund Policy-
Registration fees are non-refundable.
If a student drops up to 14 days before the camp start date,Tuition Fees will be refunded, less a $25.00 per child fee and that is per camp/workshop.
If student drops within 13 days of start date, no refund will be given. If a child is ill during camp and cannot attend camp, a credit toward future programming is available .
Refund policy for September through May weekly classes/productions-
Supply/Registration fees are non- refundable plus an additional $25 processing fee on all refunds.
• Each class that your child has attended will be prorated and deducted from your refund.
• Once a child auditions, production fees, script fees, costume rentals are non-refundable.
PARKING LOT & Student Driving Policy
Students who have a valid driver’s license and the permission of their parents to drive to and from classes or programs are permitted to do so under the responsibility and liability of the parents. It is the PARENTS responsibility to be aware of
• Any student who leaves the class/program location (e.g. lunch, social gathering, errands).
• Any student who desires to be transported by another driving student.
LifeLight Youth Theatre is not responsible or liable for the conduct of the students or any incident that may occur while students are away from LYT classes or programs.
Students and parents must observe speeding regulations and all designated parking areas allowed by the host facility.
Please be extra vigilant and attentive when entering and exiting the parking lot. Parents please supervise young children as they are near or crossing the parking lot.
I consent to my child's/my visual image and/or audio recording to be used by LIFELIGHT YOUTH THEATRE INC/ LIFELIGHT SCHOOL OF THE ARTS in the general promotion of its programs. I hereby give permission to LIFELIGHT YOUTH THEATRE INC/ LIFELIGHT SCHOOL OF THE ARTS to us my name and photographic likeness in all forms and media for advertising, exposition displays, trade, and any other lawful purposes.
In consideration for my child participating in LifeLight Youth Theatre Inc/ LifeLight School of the Arts/ and host facility events and activities, we (I), being 18 years of age or older, do for and on behalf of my child participant, if said child is not 18 years of age or older, do hereby release, forever discharge and agree to hold harmless LifeLight Youth Theatre Inc/ LifeLight School of the Arts/ and host facility, LIFELIGHT YOUTH THEATRE INC/ LIFELIGHT SCHOOL OF THE ARTS/ AND HOST FACILITY and the directors thereof from any and all liability, claims or demands for personal injury, sickness or death, as well as property damage and expenses, of any nature whatsoever which may be incurred by the undersigned and the child-participant that occur while said child is participating in the above described activity.
Furthermore, we (I) and on behalf of our (my) child participant if under the age of 18 years, hereby assume all risk of personal injury, sickness, death, damage and expense as a result of participation in recreation and work activities involved therein.
The undersigned further hereby agree to hold harmless and indemnify said organization, its directors, employees and agents, for any liability sustained as the result of the negligent, willful or intentional acts of said participant, including expenses incurred attendant thereto.
We (I) are the parents or legal guardian(s) of this participant, and hereby grant our (my) permission for him/her to participate fully in said activities, and hereby give our (my) permission to take said participant to a doctor or hospital and hereby authorize medical treatment, including but not in limitation to emergency surgery or medical treatment and assume the responsibility of all medical bills, if any.
I understand that All LifeLight Youth Theatre Inc/ LifeLight School of the Arts classes will conclude approximately five minutes before the established end time. I have received a copy of LifeLight Youth Theatre Inc/ LifeLight School of the Arts/ and host facility Policies and Procedures and agree to abide by the rules of the organization.
A main focus of LifeLight Youth Theatre (LYT) is to foster a nurturing and respectful environment for both students and adults involved. In keeping with our Christian values, we promote Christ-honoring behavior of students and adults. LifeLight Youth Theatre affirms their agreement in Grace Community Chapel's Statement of Faith and/ or the Doctrinal Guidelines for Leaders and Teachers and SCCHE's Statement of Faith. On occasion, when behavior-related conflicts arise, we will respond in a consistent manner to alleviate conflicts and to ensure the well being of all participants in the program. Behavior is taken into consideration at various decision-making opportunities throughout the LYT sessions. While it is important that we remember that we are working with children and minor incidents are to be expected, we do need to work to resolve chronic behavior issues that are disruptive to rehearsals, classes and other LYT activities. The following represents LYT’ s approach to address behavior conflicts during any LYT classes, workshops, rehearsals or productions.
• LIFELIGHT YOUTH THEATRE is a privilege and only cooperative behavior is allowed. Respect for the Director, Parent Volunteer(s) and the host facility and facility employee(s) is expected. Disrespectful behavior or willful disobedience is unacceptable. Excessive or persistently disruptive behavior (rough housing or excessive talking) will also be considered as disrespectful or disobedient if the student has been asked to stop the behavior (either individually or in a group setting) and the behavior hasn’t been corrected.
Honoring language will be used. No name-calling, gossiping or profanity is allowed.
• LIFELIGHT YOUTH THEATRE expects students’ conduct to be respectful to property. Therefore, any damage done to property intentionally will be expected to be replaced or repaired by the student.
Running/Climbing: Running and climbing in, on, or around the facility is prohibited except when there are designated times for such activities.
Stay in designated areas. Students are not allowed to roam the building.
Damage/Theft of Property: Damage of facility or others’ property will not be tolerated. Reparations for any damaged property is the responsibility of the person(s) who damaged/stole the property.
Clean up after yourself and participate in the clean up of the classroom, bathrooms, waiting areas, rehearsal space and theatre.
Everyone is expected to clean up after themselves in the bathroom, wipe down any mess they make on the counters or mirrors, and use the facilities appropriately.
• LIFELIGHT YOUTH THEATRE expects purity of self in relationships with others. Couples are to refrain from ALL public displays of affection (PDA) during LYT time/events. Students are to dress modestly and appropriately in a way that eliminates distractions.
• Bullying and dangerous behavior that affects the student, other students, or any adult in charge at LYT will be immediately reported to the Director and parents will be notified. Such behavior impedes the safety of others participating in LYT activities, and is grounds for a child’s removal from the current LYT session and/or production.
Classroom/Rehearsal/ Performance Guidelines
• Avoid unnecessary noise and distractions during rehearsals and performances. NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED OUT DURING CLASS OR REHEARSAL. Cell phones that are out during class or rehearsal will be held by the instructor and given back at the end of the class/rehearsal.
• Bathroom Usage: Children should use time before and after class for bathroom breaks. They will be allowed to take breaks if needed, but please plan ahead and use class breaks for needed restroom use. Please review proper bathroom behavior with your children, including toilet paper usage, hand washing, and sanitary product disposal prior to the start .
Children who do not behave properly in the bathrooms or cause any damage will be required to have their parent personally escort them to the bathroom when needed throughout the day. Young boys may not use the girl’s restroom without a mom present. No moms or girls are allowed in the boy’s restroom and no dads are allowed in the girl’s restroom.
• REHEARSAL/ PERFORMANCE- Behave in a professional manner.
a. Attend all rehearsals and performances unless you are ill or have received the Director’s permission.
b. Be on time. (Parents: please pick up your children on time as well).
c. Be prepared with costumes, makeup, props, and scripts.
d. The director tells you what to do on stage, you may develop your character, but it better fall within our guidelines AND PRANKS ARE NOT TOLERATED! Within the Christian community we have a variety of opinions on many things, but when you take part in a group activity, you adhere to the standards set by this group. we expect students who participate to follow these guidelines and do not succumb to peer pressure, but use it as a time to explain why we are doing things this way.
Students demonstrate respect for leaders, directors, teachers, parent volunteers, and fellow students at all times, including online.
1. LYT will not tolerate disrespect directed toward directors, leaders, teachers, adult volunteers, etc. posted on any social media sites.
a. Students caught posting disrespectful comments will be asked to remove them from the social media site.
b. Student’s parents or legal guardians will be notified of behavior and consequences will be discussed.
c. Parents will be notified if students continue with this type of behavior. Students continuing with this type of behavior risk removal from LYT
2. LYT will not tolerate verbal, non-verbal, written disrespect directed toward directors, leaders, teachers, adult volunteers, etc
a. Students demonstrating disrespect will be reprimanded privately and their parents will be called.
b. Parents will be notified if students continue to demonstrate disrespectful behavior and consequences will be discussed.
c. Continued disrespectful behavior will result in that student being removed from that class, function, activity, or event for the remainder of the school year.
Inappropriate behavior during camp/ classes/ rehearsals will result in the following course of action:
Student receives a verbal warning from Teaching Artist or Camp Counselor.
Student is removed from the class activity until the Teaching Artist invites the student to return the activity.
Student is removed from the class and reports to the office, a member of our team will contact you.
If the behavior continues, Education Staff contacts the parent/guardian and further action is determined. Grounds for immediate suspension or removal include but are not limited to fighting, when the child puts him/herself or another student in danger, and violent behaviors towards staff.
Possible dismissal from the production may result (if warranted).
BEHAVIOR IS DOCUMENTED AND MAY AFFECT FUTURE LIFELIGHT YOUTH THEATRE PARTICIPATION.
Have a great time learning and growing!